So day 3 of being in the new pad (I don’t count Monday given the 14.30 entry and 16.30 exit to the pub for most of the early evening, then bed) and I’ve finally prioritized my to do list… as below.
I’ve had to settle for working my way through this gradually as I want to keep up my ‘work’ schedule, get back into my work-out schedule (I’ve just joined a gym) and generally lounge around a lot and eat muffins.
I’m some of the way through it… the crossed off bits. And I’m quite happy as I’ve done a lot of the most urgent tings.
My main principle for prioritizing was money! I’ve tackled most of the items which were costing me the most money first – such as terminating my storage unit and axing my two phone contracts (necessary for my liminal phase) and putting them into one; and I’ve bought the stuff which is going to be conducive to keeping me working first: i.e. tables, I’ve discovered I can’t work effectively slumped against a wall.
The Monstrous to do list…
Should be dealt with by the end of October…
Companies to inform of move/ money tings to do…
- Cancel storage contract and sort out date to move stuff
- Sign up with BT Broad Band and Mobile
- Cancel EE phone contract
- Cancel ID Mobile phone contract
- Sort of H20
- Sort out gas/ electricity
- Phone gas boiler service company
- Cancel last mortgage insurance
- Change TV licence
- Change driving licence
- Change car insurance
- Sort council tax (ssss)
- Change bank addresses
- Change subscription addresses
- Activate new BT SIM card (and Pack Code transfer)
- Buy Premium Bonds (by 25th)
- Check monies/ DDebs (by 26th) – cancel anything needs cancelling!
- Final trawl through of all subs/ accounts/ change addresses as necessary.
- Sort alt phone/ ipad for steemfest
- Try applying for a new interest free credit card (before buying new oven/ P.C.)
- Sort self-employed taxes for last tax year (December) – not moving related I know, but it’s kinda important not to forget.
Shit to buy
Bit of a challenge for the budget this one!
- Food run one
- Poundland run (dish soap etc.)
- Kettle/ toaster/ plate/ chopping board
- Net curtains/ plug/ draft excluders
- Breakfast table/ chairs
- Small temporary office desk.
- Bed and mattress
- Fridge freezer
- P.C. or desktop (Black Friday)
- Maybe a new sofa (Black Friday/ sales?)
Other things to do
- Unpack stuff from car/ do general sort out 1.
- Move stuff from storage unit (one whole day)
- Join Gym
- Unpack and sort stuff from storage unit (one whole day)
- Minor weeding in front garden.
- Collect stuff from Dad’s (November)
I’m going to stop beating myself up for not killing this in a week like I’d hoped… most of the above tasks are utterly tedious and so I’ve had to battle with losing the will to live while churning my way through them.
Every task also seems to take three times as long as I’d planned for some reason – sorting out my new Broad Band connection took me an hour, for example.
I’m also frustrated that my work rate has dropped following all of this moving faff. I’m gonna try and just get more on the churn tomorrow and put the rest of these moving chores to the arse end of the day. Most of the important shit’s done now.
I’m not including getting to know people on the list. That should just happen organically. Maybe?!?